Unk Ben 'The Album'

In my career I've come across many artists, musicians, filmmakers and the like.  Of course I've likely come across more waitresses, bartenders, lawyers and gas station attendants, as it goes, however that's beside the point at the moment. 

I personally got to meet UNK BEN when he was 5 years old, his 5th birthday actually.  I remember when he was about 12 and he got his first guitar.  'Just another kid with a guitar,' that's what I figured.  After a few months of playing though he came to me one day and ask me to listen to the music that he was playing on his new guitar. 
I set back in the room as he plugged himself into the amplifier and proceeded to play 'Purple Haze' by Jimi Hendrix.  I couldn't believe my ears. The nuances and subtleties which usually are only noticed by skilled musicians were prevalent in his playing it was as if he had understood the music on a level that people still to this day are trying to figure out.  I was hooked.

Fast forward a few years into 2012, and we find Unk Ben's first commercial release; the album is simply called 'The Album.'

'The Album' is an eclectic mix of flavorful sounds, no holds barred, all bets are off, it is the end of the world and the beginning simultaneously type of event. 

This music is definitely not something for the faint at heart for the squeamish or those whose world is full of love roses and happy things, not that there's anything wrong with that or anything.  Sometimes however, we need to understand that we are balls deep in what could be considered heaven or hell depending on the perspective of the observer.  Unk Ben in this case being the most astoot observer and reporting back to us all with an open mind, some intelligent thoughts and musical compositions to challenge our sensory perception.

When you have an opportunity and you want to listen to something different something to expand your own personal awareness and get you after that happy little comfort zone, pick yourself up a copy of 'The Album' by Unk Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment